DIY Bath Supplies
an assortment of multicolored bar soaps (leftover scraps work great for this!)
meltable soap in both clear and opaque
cosmetic grade powder and liquid dyes
spray on olive oil
optional: essential oil for scent
plastic disposable cups
1) Use the kitchen knife to cut flakes or chunks off the bar soap in different sizes and shapes.
2) Spray a plastic cup down with cooking oil and combine the shavings together inside.
3) Microwave your meltable soaps in 20 second increments until fully melted and pour over the soap chunks. Cosmetic grade dyes in both liquid and powder form can be stirred in at any time.
4) Allow to cool completely. If you are concerned about the colors of your meltable soap blending to together, place the cup in the freezer to speed up cooling.
5) Remove soap from cup and start chiseling away edges with your kitchen knife to give the soap a rock-like appearance.
6) Use any scraps that you cut off to repeat the process!
Matcha Lotion Bars
Bergamot Essential Oil
Mini Baking Tin
1) Using a double boiler and a mini baking tin, melt down equal parts beeswax, cocoa butter, and coconut oil.
2) Add in at least a tablespoon of matcha powder and stir in using a toothpick.
3) Add in 12 drops of bergamot essential oil and turn of the heat before removing the baking tin from the double boiler.
4) Carefully pour the melted lotion into your silicone molds and allow to cool for at least an hour before removing and using.
MINi DONUT BATH BOMBS
Peppermint Essential Oil
Mini Donut Baking Sheet
1) Mix 1 cup of baking soda with 1/3 cup of citric acid and 3 tablespoons of epsom salts.
2) Pour in 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and 12 drops of peppermint essential oil. Stir together with your hands until the mixture clumps together when you grasp it.
3) Add in your dyes, separating different colors into different bowls.
4) Gently spoon the powder into the donut tin, spraying down with witch hazel before firmly compressing each round.
5) Allow to set for at least a day before removing from the mold and using in a hot bath.