Bring positive energy into the heart of your home with Kitchen Feng Shui. For more DIY and recipe ideas, subscribe to our YouTube channel: http://bit.ly/BlogSubs
Beginner’s Guide: Kitchen Feng Shui
What is Feng Shui?
This Chinese art balances energies in any given space. The kitchen is considered the heart of the home. Incorporating feng shui into your kitchen supports family health and prosperity.
Something feel stale in your kitchen?
These ancient tips will help get the good vibes back!
- Use Earthy colors with dark colors toward the floor and light colors towards the ceiling for a grounding effect.
- Avoid having the stove across from the door to keep from cooking with your back to the door.
- The fridge, stove and sink should form a triangle so that none are directly across or adjacent from each other.
- Layer ceiling lights, hanging lights, and windows to illuminate dark corners.
- Kitchen islands with surrounding seating provide a point for gathering and talking.
- Store appliances and keep counter tops free of clutter.
- Conceal garbage from sight using pull out trash drawers.
- Hanging mirrors will open up the space and reflect bad energy away.
- Instead of to-do lists that bring stressful energy, place positive images such as family photos on the fridge door.
- Decorate with a simple vase of flowers or a bowl of fresh fruit.